Level 1: Get Started
Level 1 Courses are the first place to start with Freedom in Christ. They are designed for people who want to grow in Christ and discover truth, turning and transformation for themselves. We offer multiple different class options. Classes run in the fall and in the spring.* Here’s what you can expect:
- Online, small group class that goes through Freedom in Christ material
- Meets weekly over Zoom
- Led by a trained FICM staff or volunteer
- Weekly homework and participation in meetings is required
Fall 2023 Course Registration is now closed.
Spring Registration will open in November 2023.
Course Sections Running Now
Course Types & Descriptions
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Freedom in Christ
The Freedom In Christ Course is designed to help every Christian become a fruitful disciple and make their life count. Over 350,000 people have gone through the curriculum in English, and it has been translated into over 25 languages. Some of the areas covered in the course include:
– How we became brand-new people from the inside out when we became Christians
– Why we can go boldly into God’s presence any time we like without fear
– How nothing we do can make God love us any more or any less
– How to resolve the effects of even the deepest issues from the past
– How to deal with repeating patterns of sin
– Understanding what God’s purpose for your life is (it may not be what you think!)
This is our foundational discipleship course.
The Grace Course
The Grace Course is a straightforward, effective way for churches to help Christians understand God’s grace and be motivated by God’s love alone, so that they go on to bear “much fruit.” It provides powerful, practical ways to submit to God, identify faulty thinking, and renew the mind.
In Session One, walk with Jesus through the story of the prodigal sons.
In Session Two, grasp hold of your forgiveness in Christ and cancel your guilt trips!
In Session Three, you’ll learn how to exit from a shame-based identity into the newness of life that is yours in Christ.
In Session Four, find the freedom from fearful living into a new walk of faith and courage.
In Session Five, discover the keys to jettison pride and step into a powerful life of humility.
And in Session Six, you’ll have the opportunity to enter into the “grace-rest” life of abiding in Christ in the presence and power of the Holy Spirit.
Prepare yourself for a life-touching, life-transforming journey to the heart of the God of grace through The Grace Course. We believe you will never be the same!
The Keys to Health, Wholeness and Fruitfulness
The Keys to Health, Wholeness and Fruitfulness is an 8-session discipleship course for every Christian.
– Understand how to look after your whole being – spirit, mind, and body.
– Uncover the roots of health issues and learn to resolve them..
– Live well despite the limitations of your physical body.
– Get rid of stress, anxiety, and fear.
– Learn how to make consistent, healthy choices.
– Deal with negative habits that try to control you.
– Understand what the Bible teaches about healing.
– Discover why physical death holds no fear.
Follow our 8-point plan to address any health issue so that you can be sure you have done everything you can do.
Join our adventure to bring together truth from the Bible and wisdom from the medical world to equip you to be a healthy, whole disciple of Jesus whose life really counts. Realize the power of your identity in Christ.
Unraveling the Lie-Knot
Unraveling the Lie-Knot Book & Bible Study is a 12-session discipleship course for every Christian woman. Whether we realize it or not, we have come to believe things that are not actually true about ourselves. All of us are products of our upbringing and experiences, and those false beliefs hold us back. It really is possible to silence the thoughts in our heads that have tied us in knots for so long. We can find peace. With the Holy Spirit’s help, we can learn to tell ourselves the truth found in God’s Word.
Each chapter in the book concludes with short, easily implemented small group study questions and guided journal opportunities that will help the reader:
- uncover areas of deception holding us back.
- learn how to understand the anatomy of a lie.
- discern the difference between the voices of God and Satan.
- discover how unresolved past trauma affects us and others.
- resolve personal and spiritual conflicts.
- understand the chemistry of depression.
- break through to a deeper level of spiritual maturity.
- find freedom through forgiveness.
- untangle the snares of shame, unworthiness, and guilt.
Through this trek to freedom, Sheryl helps participants grow in their faith journey as they study God’s word, learn how to combat lies, come against anxiety and break through bitterness. Discover how to identify and “unravel the lie-knot” so that you can move forward and become a fruitful disciple of Jesus.