Helping Others

Question from a Face Book friend:

 I come from a back ground of drug and alcohol abuse and have now been clean and sober for more than two years. I didn’t know it before, but I was struggling with spiritual warfare for a long time. Eight months ago where I was actually seeing demonic faces on people, and I literally thought I was in hell. This happened many years ago as well. I went to the police because I was having visions of hurting people, and wanted to be put in jail for the safety of others. I’ve never been a violent person and didn’t plan on hurting anyone. I didn’t understand what I was seeing, and I didn’t want to take the risk of being in public. Of course they took me to the hospital where I was admitted and drugged. The problem eventually subsided, and I was once again "free" to be in the public. This time I had a feeling it was spiritual, and I didn’t want to go to the hospital, because I knew what they would do. I felt that drugs would just be a Band-Aid.

To make a long story short I have a friend in the AA fellowship that happened to be a Christian and was well versed on spiritual warfare and knew your books. God set me from the darkness I was living in. A big part of finding this freedom was through the Steps to Freedom in Christ. I can’t thank you enough. Now I clearly see that many people in the AA / NA twelve-step programs don’t know who their God is and I want so badly to be used of God to help others find their freedom in Christ. Is it possible to actually do this full time without going to bible school? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

You don’t have to be a professional to help other people. You do need to be alive and free in Christ and a good grasp of Scripture. In the United States we have an on-line university to become a Community Freedom Ministry Associate (see To qualify you have to finish the course and attend a practicum. Most of our work around the world is being done by lay-people.

Unfortunately, if you want to be employed by any state-run program, you would have to be licensed and that would require a degree. Stay sober and clean, and continue discovering who you are and who your Heavenly Father is and He will have a place for you in His kingdom.

Dr. Neil

For Spanish, see

9051 Executive Park Drive, Suite 503 • Knoxville, TN 37923 • 865.342.4000